You must configure the email address of the sender account if you want to enable vCenter Server operations, such as sending email notifications as alarm actions.
Before you begin
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- Select Mail.
- In Mail server, type the SMTP server information.
The SMTP server is the DNS name or IP address of the SMTP gateway to use for sending email messages.
- In Mail sender, type the sender account information.
The sender account is the email address of the sender.Note:
You must type the full email address, including the domain name.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click OK.
What to do next
To test the mail settings, create an alarm that can be triggered by a user action, such as by powering off a virtual machine, and verify that you receive an email when the alarm is triggered.