You can attach files, such as log files or screen shots to VMware Service Requests directly from the vSphere Web Client.
The file upload occurs from the machine on which vCenter Server is running, so that machine must have connectivity to the VMware site on ports 443 and 21.
- From the vSphere Web Client home, click Administration.
- In the Administration panel, click Upload File to Service Request.
- Click the Upload File to Service Request button.
- Enter the Service Request ID.
- Click Choose File and browse to select the file to attach.
- Click OK.
You can monitor the Recent Tasks pane to see when the upload is complete, or if an error occurred.