The vSphere Web Client lists all manageable services running on vCenter Server. You can edit the settings for some of the services.
The vSphere Web Client displays information about all manageable services running in vCenter Server and the vCenter Server Appliance. A list of the default services is available for each vCenter Server instance.
Starting with vSphere 6.5, all vCenter Server services and some Platform Services Controller services run as child processes of the VMware Service Lifecycle Manager service.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Log in as administrator@your_domain_name to the vCenter Server instance by using the vSphere Web Client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, under Administration, click System Configuration.
- Under System Configuration, click Nodes and select a node from the list.
- Click the Related Objects tab.
You see the list of services running in the node you selected. Editable settings are not available for all manageable services.
- Right-click a service from the list and click Settings.
Editable settings are not available for all manageable services.
- On the Manage tab, click the Edit button.
- Edit the service configuration properties.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- (Optional) From the Actions menu, select Restart.
Restart the service only if a restart is required to apply the configuration changes.