You can configure up to four receivers to receive SNMP traps from vCenter Server. For each receiver, specify a host name, port, and community.
Before you begin
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- Select SNMP receivers.
- In Receiver URL, type the host name or IP address of the SNMP receiver.
- Select the Enabled check box next to Enable receiver.
- In Receiver port, type the port number of the receiver.
The port number must be a value between 1 and 65535.
- In Community string, type the community identifier.
- Click OK.