You can automate management tasks in vSphere by running Orchestrator workflows directly on objects from the vSphere inventory.
Verify that you have configured at least one Orchestrator server to work with the same Single Sign-On instance to which both the vCenter Server and vSphere Web Client are pointing. You must also ensure that Orchestrator is registered as a vCenter Serverextension. You register Orchestrator as a vCenter Server extension when you specify a user account that has the necessary privileges to manage vCenter Server extensions. For more information, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
Verify that you have workflows associated with the vSphere inventory objects. See Associate Workflows with vSphere Inventory Object Types.
- Click vCenter.
- Under Inventory Lists, click an inventory category.
- Right-click the object that you want to run the workflow on, and navigate to All vRealize Orchestrator plugin Actions.
All available workflows that you can run on the selected inventory object are listed.
- Click the workflow that you want to run.
If you cannot find the expected workflows, you might need to associate them to the specified vSphere inventory object.
- Click the Start/Schedule menu option.
- (Optional) : Select to start the workflow run immediately.
- Provide the required workflow parameters.
- (Optional) : Select
to configure the workflow to run at a specified time.
- In the Task name text box, type the name of the scheduled task.
- (Optional) : In the Description text box, type a description of the scheduled task.
- Schedule the date and time of the workflow run.
- Specify the recurrence options.
- Click Finish.