Enable EVC on an existing cluster to ensure vMotion CPU compatibility between the hosts in the cluster.
Before you begin
Verify that the hosts in the cluster meet the requirements listed in EVC Requirements for Hosts.
- Select a cluster in the vSphere inventory.
- Power off all the virtual machines on the hosts with feature sets greater than the EVC mode.
- Click the Configure tab, select VMware EVC, and click Edit.
- Enable EVC for the CPU vendor and feature set appropriate for the hosts in the cluster, and click OK.
- Power on the virtual machines in the cluster to apply the EVC.