You can enable encrypted vMotion during virtual machine creation. You can later change the encrypted vMotion state from the virtual machine settings. You can change the encrypted vMotion state only for virtual machines that are not encrypted.
For more information about virtual machine encryption, see Encrypted vSphere vMotion.
Encrypted vMotion is supported only in vSphere 6.5 and later.
- Right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Select VM Options.
- Click Encryption, and select an option from the Encrypted VMotion drop-down menu.
- Do not use encrypted vMotion.
- Use encrypted vMotion if source and destination hosts support it. Only ESXi hosts of version 6.5 and later use encrypted vMotion.
- Allow only encrypted vMotion. If the source or destination host does not support encrypted vMotion, migration with vMotion fails.