In the vSphere Web Client, you can start, stop, and restart services that are running on vCenter Server. You can restart services upon a configuration change or in case of suspected functional or performance issues.
Starting with vSphere 6.5, all vCenter Server services and some Platform Services Controller services run as child processes of the VMware Service Lifecycle Manager service.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click System Configuration.
- Under System Configuration click Services.
- From the Services list select a manageable service.
- From the Actions menu select an operation name.
Restarting the Content Library Service also restarts the Transfer Service and the OVF Service. The Content Library Service, the Transfer Service, and the OVF Service run on the same Tomcat server.