To enable access to the vCenter Server Appliance Bash shell by using the vSphere Web Client, the user you use to log in must be a member of the SystemConfiguration.BashShellAdministrators group. By default, this group is empty and you must add a user to the group manually.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in as administrator@your_domain_name to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance.
The address is of the type http:// appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN/vsphere-client.
- Click Administration.
- Under Single Sign-On, click Users and Groups.
- On the Groups tab, select the SystemConfiguration.BashShellAdministrators group.
- In the Group Members pane, click the Add member icon.
- Double-click users from the list or type names in the Users text box.
- Click OK.