You can use the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface to monitor the use of the embedded database of the vCenter Server Appliance by data type. You can also monitor space use trending graphs and filter any of the largest data types.
Before you begin
Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface as root.
- In the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface, click Database.
- In the Current Utilization pane, you can monitor the consumed and free space for the vCenter Server Appliance database.
Data File System
VC DB SEAT
Stats, events, alarms, and tasks data that is generated for the hosts and virtual machines managed by the vCenter Server instance running in the vCenter Server Appliance.
Internal database transaction logging data that is used for recovery from failures and other purposes.
Inventory data that describes the hosts and virtual machines managed by the vCenter Server instance running in the vCenter Server Appliance.
- From the Overall current space utilization trending drop-down menu, select the time period for which you want to generate the space utilization trending graphs.
- Click the colored radio button of a particular database component to include or exclude that component from the graph.
- Point to the space utilization graph to see the database use value for a particular date and time.