You can assign static IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, edit the DNS settings, and define the proxy settings for the vCenter Server Appliance.
Before you begin
To change the IP address of the appliance, verify that the system name of the appliance is an FQDN. If, during the deployment of the appliance, you set an IP address as a system name, you cannot change the IP address after the deployment, because the system name is used as a primary network identifier.Note:
You cannot change the primary network identifier after you deploy the vCenter Server Appliance.
Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface as root.
- In the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface, click Networking and click Manage.
- In the Hostname, Name Servers, and Gateways pane, click Edit.
- In the Name Servers section, configure the DNS settings.
Obtain DNS settings automatically
Obtains the DNS settings automatically from the network.
Enter settings manually
Lets you set the DNS address settings manually. If you select this option, you must provide the following information:
The IP address of the preferred DNS server.
The IP address of the alternative DNS server.
- In the Default Gateways section, enter an IPv4 or IPv6 gateway address.
- In the Networking Interfaces pane, click Edit.
- Expand the network interface name to edit the IP address settings.
- Edit the IPv4 address settings.
Disable IPv4 settings
Disables the IPv4 address. The appliance uses only an IPv6 address.
Obtain IPv4 settings automatically
Obtains the IPv4 address for the appliance automatically from the network .
Use the following IPv4 settings
Uses an IPv4 address that you set manually. You must enter the IP address, subnet prefix length, and the default gateway.
- Edit the IPv6 settings.
Obtain IPv6 settings automatically through DHCP
Assigns IPv6 addresses to the appliance automatically from the network by using DHCP.
Obtain IPv6 settings automatically through Router Advertisement
Assigns IPv6 addresses to the appliance automatically from the network by using router advertisement.
Static IPv6 addresses
Uses static IPv6 addresses that you set up manually.
Click the Add icon.
Enter the IPv6 address and the subnet prefix length.
(Optional) Edit the default gateway.
You can configure the appliance to obtain the IPv6 settings automatically through both DHCP and router advertisement. You can assign static IPv6 address at the same time.
- To configure a proxy server, in the Proxy Settings pane, click Edit.
- Select Use a Proxy Server, enter the proxy server settings, and click OK.