When you create a vSAN cluster, the performance service is disabled. Turn on vSAN performance service to monitor the performance of vSAN clusters, hosts, disks, and VMs.
About this task
When you turn on the performance service, vSAN places a Stats database object in the datastore to collect statistical data. The Stats database is a namespace object in the cluster's vSAN datastore.
All hosts in the vSAN cluster must be running ESXi 6.5 or later.
Before you enable the vSAN performance service, make sure that the cluster is properly configured and has no unresolved health problems.
- Navigate to the vSAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, select Health and Performance.
- Click Edit to edit the performance service settings.
- Select the Turn On vSAN performance service check box.
You can turn off the vSAN performance service by deselecting the check box.
- Select a storage policy for the Stats database object and click OK.