You can decommission a stretched cluster and convert it to a standard vSAN cluster.
When you disable a stretched cluster, the witness host is removed, but the fault domain configuration remains. Because the witness host is not available, all witness components are missing for your virtual machines. To ensure full availability for your VMs, repair the cluster objects immediately.
- Navigate to the vSAN stretched cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Disable the stretched cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Fault Domains and Stretched Cluster.
- Click the Stretched Cluster Configure button.
The stretched cluster configuration wizard is displayed.
- Click Disable, and click Yes to confirm.
- Remove the fault domain configuration.
- Select a fault domain and click the Remove selected fault domains icon (). Click Yes to confirm.
- Select the other fault domain and click the Remove selected fault domains icon (). Click Yes to confirm.
- Repair the objects in the cluster.
- Click the Monitor tab and select vSAN.
- Under vSAN, click Health and click vSAN object health.
- Click Repair object immediately.
vSAN recreates the witness components within the cluster.