You can migrate the disk groups in a hybrid Virtual SAN cluster to all-flash disk groups.
The Virtual SAN hybrid cluster uses magnetic disks for the capacity layer and flash devices for the cache layer. You can change the configuration of the disk groups in the cluster so that it uses flash devices on the cache layer and the capacity layer.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Remove the hybrid disk groups for each host in the cluster.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Under Disk Groups, select the disk group to remove, and click the Remove the disk group icon ().
- Select Full data migration as a migration mode and click Yes.
- Remove the physical HDD disks from the host.
- Add the flash devices to the host.
Verify that no partitions exist on the flash devices.
- Create the all-flash disk groups on each host.