You can configure vApp options in a virtual machine. Those options are saved when you export the virtual machine as an OVF template, and used when the OVF is deployed.
If you enable vApp options and export a virtual machine to OVF, the virtual machine receives an OVF Environment XML descriptor at boot time. The OVF descriptor might include values for custom properties including network configuration and IP addresses.
- As a CD-ROM that contains the XML document. The CD-ROM is mounted on the CD-ROM drive.
- Through VMware Tools. The guest OS environment variable guestinfo.ovfEnv contains the XML document.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- Click the vApp Options tab.
- Select Enable vApp options.
- Click OK.