vSphere Virtual Machine Administration describes how to create, configure, and manage virtual machines in the VMware vSphere® environment.
In addition, this information provides introductions to the tasks that you can do within the system as well as cross-references to the information that describes the tasks.
This information focuses on managing virtual machines in the VMware vSphere Web Client and includes the following information.
- Creating and deploying virtual machines, templates, and clones
- Deploying OVF templates
- Configuring virtual machine hardware and options
- Managing multitiered applications with VMware vSphere vApp
- Monitoring solutions with the vCenter Solution Manager
- Managing virtual machines, including using snapshots
- Upgrading virtual machines
vSphere Virtual Machine Administration covers VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter Server®.
This information is written for experienced Windows or Linux system administrators who are familiar with virtualization.