Cloning a vApp is similar to cloning a virtual machine. When you clone a vApp, you clone all virtual machines and vApps in the vApp.
Verify that one of those objects is available in your datacenter.
- A standalone host that is running ESX 3.0 or greater.
- A cluster enabled for DRS is selected.
- Navigate to a DRS-enabled cluster and click the Create a new vApp icon ().
- Select Clone an existing vApp.
- Expand the inventory, select an existing vApp to clone, and click Next.
- Select a valid host, vApp, or resource pool in which to run the vApp, and click Next
- In the vApp Name text box, type a name for the vApp.
- Select the datacenter or folder in which to deploy the vApp and click Next.
- Select the virtual disk format and the target datastore and click Next.
- Select the network for the cloned vApp and click Next.
- Review the vApp settings and click Finish.