With the vSphere Web Client, you can access a virtual machine's desktop by launching the HTML 5 remote console to the virtual machine. From the HTML 5 remote console, you can perform various tasks in the virtual machine. For example, you can install an operating system, configure the operating system settings, run applications, monitor performance, and so on.
- Verify that the virtual machine has a guest operating system and that VMware Tools is installed.
- Verify that the virtual machine is powered on.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to a virtual machine in the inventory.
- On the Summary tab, click the gear icon and click Launch Web Console.
The HTML 5 remote console opens in a new tab of the Web browser.
- Click anywhere inside the console window to start using your mouse, keyboard, and other input devices in the console.