You can access a virtual machine's desktop from the vSphere Client by launching the web console. From the web console, you can perform various tasks in the virtual machine. For example, you can install an operating system, configure the operating system settings, run applications, monitor performance, and so on.
Verify that the virtual machine has a guest operating system and that VMware Tools is installed.
Verify that the virtual machine is powered on.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to a virtual machine in the inventory.
- In the Summary tab, select Launch Web Console..
The console opens in a new browser tab.
- Click anywhere inside the console window to start using your mouse, keyboard, and other input devices in the console.
For information about supported international keyboards, refer to the VMware HTML Console SDK Release Notes at https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/html-console/html-console-21-releasenotes.html#knownissues.
- (Optional) Click Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete to send the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keystroke combination to the guest operating system.
- (Optional) Press Ctrl+Alt to release the pointer from the console window and work outside the console window.
- (Optional) Click Full Screen to view the console in full screen mode.
- (Optional) Press Ctrl+Alt+Enter to enter or exit full screen mode.