You can use a VM template from a content library to deploy a virtual machine to a host or a cluster in your vSphere inventory. You can also apply a customization specification to the virtual machine.
- Select .
- Select a content library and click the Templates tab.
- Right-click a VM Template and select New VM from This Template.
The New Virtual Machine from Content Library wizard opens.
- On the Select name and location page, enter a name and select a location for the virtual machine.
- (Optional) To apply a customization specification to your virtual machine, select the Customize the operating system check-box and click Next.
- On the Customize Guest OS page, select a customization specification or create a new one, and click Next.
- On the Select a resource page, select a host, a cluster, a resource pool, or a vApp where to run the deployed VM template, and click Next.
- On the Review details page, verify the template details and click Next.
- On the Select networks page, select a network for each network adapter in the template and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the page and click Finish.
A new task for creating the virtual machine appears in the Recent Tasks pane. After the task is complete, the new virtual machine is created on the selected resource.