You can use a VM template from a content library to deploy a virtual machine to a host or a cluster in your vSphere inventory. You can also apply a customization specification to the virtual machine.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, select .
- Select a content library, and click Templates.
- Right-click a VM Template and select New VM from This Template.
The New Virtual Machine from Content Library into Host or Cluster wizard opens.
- Enter a name, and select a location for the virtual machine.
- Required: To apply a customization specification to your virtual machine, select Customize VM Options check-box, and click Next.
- Required: On the Customize Guest OS page, select a customization specification or create a new one, and click Next.
- On the Select a resource page, select a host, a cluster, a resource pool, or a vApp where to deploy the VM template.
- On the Review details page, verify the template details and click Next.
- On the Select Storage page, select the location to store the files of the VM template, and click Next.
- Select a network for each network adapter in the template, and click Next.
- Review the page and click Finish.
A new task for creating the virtual machine appears in the Recent Tasks pane. After the task is complete, the new virtual machine is created on the selected resource.