Managing and keeping your virtual environment up-to-date might require you to update the content of a library item. For example, you can directly update a VM template when you want to add a patch to it, instead of deleting the existing template and creating a new one.
Verify that you have the Content Library Administrator role.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, select .
- Select a content library.
- Select the file that you want to update.
From the Templates tab, right-click a template from the library, and select Update Item.
From the Other Types tab, right-click a file from the library that is not a template, and select Update Item.
The Update Library Item dialog box opens.
- Select a file to overwrite the item in your library.
Enter the URL to a web server where the item is stored .
Navigate to an item that is stored on your local system.
- (Optional) Change the name of the item.
- (Optional) Change the note of the item.
- Click OK.
The content of the item is updated. In the Summary tab of the item, you can view the time of the last update of the item.