Delaying the boot operation is useful when you change BIOS or EFI settings such as the boot order. For example, you can change the BIOS or EFI settings to force a virtual machine to boot from a CD-ROM.
Verify that vSphere Web Client is logged in to a vCenter Server.
Verify that you have access to at least one virtual machine in the inventory.
Verify that you have privileges to edit boot options for the virtual machine.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- Click VM Options tab and expand Boot Options.
- Select the time in milliseconds to delay the boot operation.
- (Optional) : Select whether to force entry into the BIOS or EFI setup screen the next time the virtual machine boots.
- (Optional) : Select whether to try to reboot after a boot failure.
- Click OK.