You can use service management utilities and CLIs from the appliance shell. You can use TTY1 to log in to the console, or can use SSH to connect to the shell.
- Enable SSH login if necessary.
You can follow the same steps to enable the Bash shell for the appliance.
- Log in to the appliance management interface (VAMI) at https://platform_services_controller_ip:5480.
- In the Navigator, select Access and click Edit.
- Toggle on Enable SSH Login and click OK.
- Access the appliance shell.
- If you have direct access to the appliance console, select Log in, and press Enter.
- To connect remotely, use SSH or another remote console connection to start a session to the appliance.
- Log in as root with the password that you set when you initially deployed the appliance.
If you changed the root password, use the new password.