Before you can start the Advanced configuration, you have to create and configure a second NIC on the vCenter Server Appliance that will become the active node. This NIC will be used for vCenter HA traffic. You perform this task after you set up the network, but before you start the configuration process.
- Set up the infrastructure for the vCenter HA network. See Configure the Network.
- Deploy vCenter Server Appliance that you want to use as initial Active node.
- The vCenter Server Appliance must have a static IP address mapped to an FQDN.
- SSH must be enabled on the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Log in to the management vCenter Server with the vSphere Web Client.
- Select the vCenter Server Appliance virtual machine (Active node), add a second network adapter, and attach it to the vCenter HA portgroup that you created.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance that will initially become the Active node, directly.
Interface Action vCenter Server Appliance Go to https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480 vSphere Web Client
- Go to https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN/vsphere-client
- Configure the IP settings for the second network adapter.