If your cluster contains stateful ESXi 5.5, ESXi 6.0and ESXi 6.5 hosts, you use the present workflow to resolve version compliance errors when upgrading vCenter Server with version 6.5 to version 6.7.
Your cluster contains ESXi 5.5, 6.0 and ESXi 6.5 hosts.
A host profile with version 5.5 is attached to the cluster.
Your vCenter Server is with version 6.5.
- Upgrade all ESXi 5.5 hosts in the cluster to version to 6.0 or 6.5.
The Active Directory settings configured in the ESXi host before upgrade are not retained when the host is upgraded to ESXi 6.0. The host is no longer joined to the domain. After the upgrade, you have to rejoin the hosts to the Active Directory domain.
- (Optional) If you encounter "objectNotFound" error:
- Right-click on the host and disconnect it.
- Reconnect the host to vCenter Server and join the host to the Active Directory domain.
- Detach the host profile with version vCenter Server from the cluster.
- Extract a new host profile from an ESXi 6.0 host and attach it to the cluster.
- Delete the host profile with version 5.5.
- Upgrade your vCenter Server to version 6.7.
There are no changes in the vCenter Server configurations.
- Upgrade all ESXi hosts in the cluster to version 6.7.
Edit host customization and host profile edit operations are not available, see KB 2150534. Compliance check, attach host profile and remediate hosts operations are available.
- Remediate the ESXi hosts in the cluster against the host profile with version 6.0.
All host profile settings are applied.
- Extract a new host profile from an ESXi 6.7 host.
There are some changed parameters for the host profile policy. For more information, see Answer File Field and Host Profile Extraction.
- Attach the host profile with version 6.7 to the cluster.
The host customization data auto-populates.
All host profile operations are available.