After you upgrade your host from ESXi to a newer version, your browser console might display an error message when you attempt to access your ESXi host by using the VMware Host Client, and your connection might fail.
503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0xffa014e8] _serverNamespace = /ui _isRedirect = false _port = 8308)
A change to /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/endpoints.conf remains after an upgrade and causes the /ui endpoint to override the VMware Host Client.
When the /ticket is missing from the endpoint.conf file on your 6.0 or later ESXi host, your in-browser virtual machine console displays a Failed to connect error message but the VMware Remote Console continues to work.
- Log in to your ESXi host either by using SSH or ESXi Shell.
If you use SSH, you might need to enable SSH first. You can enable SSH by using DCUI.
- Back up the endpoints.conf file.
cp /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/endpoints.conf /tmp
- Open the /etc/vmware/rhttpproxy/endpoints.conf file in an editor and remove the following line.
/ui local 8308 redirect allow
- Restart the reverse Web proxy .
- Try to access the VMware Host Client at http://host-name/ui or http://host-IP-address/ui.