In the VMware Host Client, you can start, stop, and restart services that are running on the host that you are logged in to, and you can configure host service policy. You can restart services when you change host configurations or in case of suspected functional or performance issues.
- Click Manage in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Services.
- From the Services list, select a service.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select an operation.
- (Optional) From the Actions drop-down menu, select Policy and select an option for the service from the menu.
- Start and stop with firewall ports
- Start and stop with host
- Start and stop manually