You can change the DNS and default gateway configuration of a TCP/IP stack on a host. You can also change the congestion control algorithm, the maximum number of connections, and the name of custom TCP/IP stacks.
- Click Networking in the VMware Host Client inventory and click TCP/IP stacks.
- Right-click a stack from the list and select Edit settings.
The Edit TCP/IP configuration - Provisioning stack dialog box opens.
- Specify how the host obtains settings for this TCP/IP stack.
- Select the Use DHCP services from the following adapter radio button, and select an adapter from which to receive the default settings configuration for the TCP/IP stack.
- Select the Manually configure the settings for this TCP/IP stack to change the settings configuration.
Option Description Basic configuration Routing
Edit the IPv4 and IPv6 gateway information.Note: Removing the default gateway might cause you to lose your connection to the host.
Edit the congestion control algorithm and the maximum number of connections.
- Click Save.