You can also configure writing of events to the vCenter Server Appliance streaming facility. Streaming events is supported only for the vCenter Server Appliance. The streaming of events to a remote syslog server is disabled by default. You can enable and configure the streaming of vCenter Server events to a remote syslog server from the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Expand Settings option, and select Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Filter text box, enter vpxd.event, and press Enter.
- Enable or disable the vpxd.event.syslog.enabled option.
By default, this option is enabled.
- Click OK.