Before you can create a VM-Host affinity rule, you must create the host DRS group and the virtual machine DRS group that the rule applies to.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Client.
- Click Configure.
- Under Configuration, select VM/Host Groups and click Add.
- In the Create VM/Host Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- Select VM Group from the Type drop down box and click Add.
- Click the check box next to a virtual machine to add it. Continue this process until all desired virtual machines have been added.
- For a cluster of virtual machines on one physical host, add all MSCS virtual machines to one group.
- For a cluster of virtual machines across physical hosts, add all MSCS virtual machines to one group.
- Click OK.