ESXi 6.0 supports iSCSI storage and up to 5 node MSCS cluster using Qlogic, Emulex and Broadcom adapters.
- ESXi 6.0 supports iSCSI for Windows Server 2008 SP2 and above releases. Windows Server 2003 is not supported.
- Cluster-across-box (CAB) and cluster-in-a-box (CIB) are supported. A mixture of CAB and CIB is not supported.
- No qualification is needed for SWiSCSI initiator in a guest operating system.
- N+1 cluster configuration comprising of a cluster between "N" virtual machines on separate ESXi hosts and one physical machine running Windows natively is supported.
- All hosts must be running ESXi 6.0.
- Mixed cluster nodes running FC or FCOE and iSCSI are not supported.
- Mixed mode of iSCSI config is supported. For example, Node A on ESXi with iSCSI software initiator and Node B on ESXi with Qlogic, Emulex or Broadcom hardware adapter.
- Mixed mode configurations of ESXi 6.0 with previous ESXi releases are not supported.
- Rolling upgrades of cluster Hosts from previous versions of ESXi to ESXi 6.0 builds are not supported.