Migrate VMkernel adapters to a distributed switch if you want to handle the traffic for VMkernel services by using only this switch and you no longer need the adapters on other standard or distributed switches.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the distributed switch.
- From the Actions menu, select Add and Manage Hosts.
- In Select task, select Manage host networking and click Next.
- In Select hosts, click Attached hosts and select from the hosts that are associated with the distributed switch.
- Click Next.
- In Select network adapter tasks, select Manage VMkernel adapters and click Next.
- In Manage VMkernel network adapters, select the adapter and click Assign port group.
- Select a distributed port group and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Review the impacted services as well as the level of impact.
iSCSI will continue its normal function after the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of iSCSI might be disrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of iSCSI will be interrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
- If the impact on iSCSI is important or critical, click iSCSI entry and review the reasons that are displayed in the Analysis details pane.
- After you troubleshoot the impact on iSCSI, proceed with your networking configuration.
- Click Next and click Finish.