Enable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a port to configure traffic security and marking on a virtual machine network adapter, VMkernel adapter, or uplink adapter.
To override a policy on distributed port level, enable the port-level override option for this policy. See Configure Overriding Networking Policies on Port Level.
- Navigate to a distributed switch and then navigate to a distributed port or an uplink port.
To navigate to the distributed ports of the switch, click Ports tab., double-click a distributed port group from the list, and click the
To navigate to the uplink ports of an uplink port group, click Ports tab., double-click an uplink port group from the list, and click the
- Select a port from the list.
- Click Edit distributed port settings.
- Select Traffic filtering and marking.
- Select the Override check box, and from the Status drop-down menu, select Enabled.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Set up traffic filtering or marking for the data flowing through the distributed port or through the uplink port. See Mark Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port and Filter Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port.