Change the quota of bandwidth that you can reserve for virtual machines connected to a set of distributed port groups.
Verify that vSphere Distributed Switch is version 6.0.0 and later.
Verify that Network I/O Control on the switch is version 3.
Verify that Network I/O Control is enabled. See Enable Network I/O Control on a vSphere Distributed Switch.
Verify that the virtual machine system traffic has a configured bandwidth reservation. See Configure Bandwidth Allocation for System Traffic.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the distributed switch.
- On the Configure tab, expand Resource Allocation.
- Click Network resource pools.
- Select a network resource pool from the list and click Edit.
- In the Reservation quota text box, enter the bandwidth quota for virtual machines from the aggregation of free bandwidth that is reserved for virtual machine system traffic on all physical adapters on the switch.
- Click OK.