Create or edit traffic rules, and use their parameters to configure a policy for filtering or marking the traffic on a distributed port group or uplink port group.
- Locate a distributed port group or an uplink port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Networks tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups to see the list of distributed port groups, or click Uplink Port Groups to see the list of uplink port groups.
- Right-click the port group and select Edit Settings.
- Select Traffic filtering and marking.
- If traffic filtering and marking is disabled, enable it from the Status drop-down menu.
- Click New to create a new rule, or select a rule and click Edit to edit it.
What to do next
Name the network traffic rule, and deny, allow, or tag the target traffic.