You can turn off DRS for a cluster.
When DRS is disabled, the cluster’s resource pool hierarchy and affinity rules are not reestablished when DRS is turned back on. If you disable DRS, the resource pools are removed from the cluster. To avoid losing the resource pools, save a snapshot of the resource pool tree on your local machine. You can use the snapshot to restore the resource pool when you enable DRS.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Client.
- Click the Configure tab and click Services.
- Under vSphere DRS, click Edit.
- Deselect the Turn On vSphere DRS check box.
- Click OK to turn off DRS.
- (Optional) Choose an option to save the resource pool.
- Click Yes to save a resource pool tree snapshot on a local machine.
- Click No to turn off DRS without saving a resource pool tree snapshot.