Communications between client components and a vCenter Server system or ESXi hosts are protected by SSL-based encryption by default. Linux versions of these components do not perform certificate validation. Consider restricting the use of these clients.
- vCLI commands
- vSphere SDK for Perl scripts
- Programs that are written using the vSphere Web Services SDK
- Restrict management network access to authorized systems only.
- Use firewalls to ensure that only authorized hosts are allowed to access vCenter Server.
- Use jump-box systems to ensure that Linux clients are behind the jump.