Host encryption mode must be enabled if you want to perform encryption tasks, such as creating an encrypted virtual machine, on an ESXi host. In most cases, host encryption mode is enabled automatically when you perform an encryption task.
Sometimes, turning on encryption mode explicitly is necessary. See Prerequisites and Required Privileges for Encryption Tasks.
Required privilege: Cryptographic operations.Register host
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
- Browse to the ESXi host and click Configure.
- Under System, click Security Profile.
- Click Edit in the Host Encryption Mode panel.
- Select Enabled and click OK.