Generally, you do not need to change the default multipathing settings your host uses for a specific storage device. If you want to make any changes, you can use the Edit Multipathing Policies dialog box to modify a path selection policy. You can also use this dialog box to change multipathing for SCSI-based protocol endpoints.
- Navigate to the host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Storage, click Storage Devices or Protocol Endpoints.
- Select the item whose paths you want to change and click the Properties tab.
- Under Multipathing Policies, click Edit Multipathing.
- Select a path policy.
By default, VMware supports the following path selection policies. If you have a third-party PSP installed on your host, its policy also appears on the list.
Most Recently Used (VMware)
Round Robin (VMware)
- For the fixed policy, specify the preferred path.
- To save your settings and exit the dialog box, click OK.