If your deployment system is connected to the Internet, you can directly download ESXi patches and extensions.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Navigate to .
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select .
- Click the Change Download Source button.
The Change Download Source Type dialog box opens.
- Select the option Download patches directly from the Internet.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Select an item from the Download Source list and click Enable or Disable depending on whether you want to download updates from that source.
You can choose to download host patches and extensions. You cannot edit the download source location of the default ESXi patches and extensions. You can only enable or disable downloading.
- (Optional) Add a third-party download source for hosts that run ESXi 6.0 and later.
What to do next
To download all updates immediately, select Download Now.and click