To use the latest version of the Update Manager Download Service (UMDS) on your Linux-based system, first you must uninstall the current version of UMDS. No direct upgrade path is available to a later version of UMDS, which runs on a Linux-based system.
Verify you have administrative privileges on the Linux machine where UMDS runs.
- In the Linux machine, open the Command Shell.
- Navigate to the UMDS installation directory, and locate the file vmware-uninstall-umds.pl.
- Run the following command:
- To confirm that you want to uninstall UMDS from the system, enter Yes.
The UMDS uninstallation procedure starts.
- (Optional) Remove PostgreSQL Database from you Linux machine.
For information about uninstalling PostgreSQL Database, go to the official PostgreSQL documentation.
UMDS is uninstalled from the Linux system.
What to do next
You can upgrade your Linux OS, and install a later compatible version of UMDS.