You can configure Update Manager to download updates from the Internet through a proxy server.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Navigate to .
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select .
- In the Proxy Settings pane, click the Edit button.
- Select the Use proxy check box and enter the proxy server address and port.
- If the proxy requires authentication, select the Proxy requires authentication check box and provide a user name and password.
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to verify that you can connect to the Internet through the proxy.
- Click Save.
You configured Update Manager to use a proxy server to download upgrades, patches, extensions, and related metadata from the Internet.