Update Manager performs compliance check on the vSphere inventory against the attached baselines on regular basis but you can also manually initiate a compliance check.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Select an object or a container object from the inventory.
- Select a host or a container object from the inventory.
- Select the Updates tab.
You are in the Update Manager compliance view.
- Click Check Compliance.
You can see information about the last time that Update Manager ran a compliance check on the selected hosts against the attached baselines and baseline groups.Update Manager validates if the host or the cluster is compliant against the attached baselines or baseline groups.
Review the refreshed information. If you are viewing information for a single host, Update Manager displays the following information:
- The number of non-compliant baselines that are attached to the host.
- The number of patches that might be missing from the host.
- The number of critical patches that might be missing from the host.
- Information about the hosts that require attention.
- The number of hosts that have non-compliant software.
What to do next
Perform a pre-check remediation of the object.