By default, Update Manager checks regularly for notifications about patch recalls, patch fixes, and alerts. You can modify this schedule.
To configure notification checks, make sure that the machine on which Update Manager is installed has Internet access.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Navigate to .
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select .
- Click Edit.
The Edit Settings for Automatic Notification Checks dialog box appears. The Check notification check box is selected by default. If you deselect the check box, the automatic task that checks for notifications is disabled.
- Configure the automatic notification checks.
- Select the Check notification check box.
- Select the start date and the frequency for the download task.
- (Optional) Enter a new task name.
Additional details about the task can be entered in the Description text box.
- To receive notification emails after the task finishes, enter one or more emails.
You must configure mail settings for the vSphere Client to be able to use this option. For more information, see the vCenter Server and Host Management documentation.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Select Check Notifications.
and click You immediately download all new notifications that are available on the VMware website. The notifications are downloaded even if you have disabled the automatic notifications checks.
The task runs according to the time you specified.