Configure Update Manager to reduce the remediation time during host patch or host upgrade operations.
- Verify your ESXi hosts environment is compatible with Quick Boot. See System Requirements for Using Quick Boot During Remediation.
- In the Home view of the vSphere Web Client, select the Update Manager icon.
- From the Objects tab, select an Update Manager instance.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, and select Host/Cluster Settings.
- Click Edit.
The Edit Host/Cluster Settings dialog box opens.
- Select Enable Quick Boot check box to allow Update Manager to reduce the host reboot time during remediation.
- Click OK.
These settings become the default failure response settings. You can specify different settings when you configure individual remediation tasks.