If you make configuration changes to Update Manager settings, you might need to restart the Update Manager service in the vCenter Server Appliance.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Log in to the vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Administration.
- Under Deployment, select System Configuration, and click Services.
- From the Services list, select the VMware vSphere Update Manager service.
- From the Actions menu, select an operation name.