You can change the vCenter Server ID, managed address, and name. You might need to make changes if you run multiple vCenter Server systems in the same environment.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit vCenter Server Settings dialog box, select Runtime Settings.
- In vCenter Server unique ID, enter a unique ID.
You can change this value to a number from 0 through 63 to identify each vCenter Server system running in a common environment. By default, an ID value is generated randomly.
- In vCenter Server managed address, enter the vCenter Server system address.
The address can be IPv4, IPv6, a fully qualified domain name, an IP address, or another address format.
- In vCenter Server name, enter the name of the vCenter Server system.
If you change the DNS name of the vCenter Server, you can use this text box to modify the vCenter Server name to match.
- Click Save.
What to do next
If you made changes to the vCenter Server system unique ID, you must restart the vCenter Server system for these changes to take effect.