You can power off or restart any ESXi host using the vSphere Client. Powering off a host disconnects it from vCenter Server, but does not remove it from the inventory.
- Navigate to and select a host.
- Power off all virtual machines running on the ESXi host.
- Right-click the ESXi host and select Power > Reboot or Power > Shut Down.
- If you select Reboot, the ESXi host shuts down and reboots.
- If you select Shut Down, the ESXi host shuts down. You must manually power the system back on.
- Provide a reason for the reboot or shut down operation and click Ok.
This information is added to the log.