You can configure up to four receivers to receive SNMP traps from vCenter Server. For each receiver, specify a host name, port, and community.
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Configure tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- Select SNMP receivers.
- Select the Enable receiver 1 box.
- In Primary Receiver URL, enter the host name or IP address of the SNMP receiver.
- In Receiver port, enter the port number of the receiver.
The port number must be a value between 1 and 65535.
- In Community string, enter the community identifier.
- To send alarms to multiple receivers, select the additional Enable receiver boxes and enter the host name, port number, and community identifier for those receivers.
- Click Save.