In the vSphere Client, you can start, stop, and restart services that are running on vCenter Server. You can restart services upon a configuration change or for suspected functional or performance issues.
Verify that the user you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in the vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Management Interface.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Management Interface directly.
- In the vSphere Client home page, select . Click the dropdown arrow next to the node and click Login.
- On the vCenter Server Management Interface Home page, click Services.
- From the Services list, select a manageable service.
- From the top menu, click Restart, Start, or Stop. Unavailable options are dimmed.
Note: Restarting the Content Library Service also restarts the Transfer Service and the OVF Service. The Content Library Service, the Transfer Service, and the OVF Service run on the same Tomcat server.