The Message Bus Configuration, ESXi Dump Collector, and Auto Deploy services are optional services in the vCenter Server Appliance and they are not running by default. You can edit the startup settings of these services in the vCenter Server Appliance.
Verify that the user who logs in to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in as administrator@your_domain_name to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance.
The address is of the type http:// appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN/vsphere-client.
- On the vSphere Web Client main page, click .
- Under System Configuration, click Nodes and select a node from the list.
- Click the Related Objects tab.
You see the list of services running in the node you selected.
- Right-click a service, such as Auto Deploy, ESXi Dump Collector, or Message Bus Configuration Service, and select Edit Startup Type.
- Select how the service must start.
Option Description Automatic The service starts automatically when the Operating System starts. Manual You start the service manually after the Operating System starts. Disabled The service is disabled.
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you can edit the startup type of a service by using the following CLI command:
/usr/lib/vmware-vmon/vmon-cli --update <service-name> --starttype <AUTOMATIC|MANUAL|DISABLE>
/usr/lib/vmware-vmon/vmon-cli --update certificatemanagement --starttype AUTOMATIC